Equal Opportunities Policy
Brewsters is committed to ensuring and providing equality of opportunity both within and outside the organisation
This commitment goes beyond the legislation detailed below:
- The Race Relations Acts 1976
- The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and 1986
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- The Equal Pay Act 1970 (as amended)
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- The Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- The Employment Equality (Religion & Belief) Regulations 2003
Brewster’s policy will be one of positive commitment to equal opportunities, ensuring that all services and programmes are available equally to all.
To meet it’s objectives Brewsters will:
- Nominate a Board member and a member of Brewsters staff to have particular responsibility for equal opportunities issues.
- Promote equal opportunities awareness for all Brewsters staff and Board members.
- Be aware of equal opportunity issues to enhance and support the development of equal opportunities practices within the Merseyside area.
Recruitment and Selection of Staff
Recruitment publicity will positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people, and will include an equal opportunities statement in all advertisements and recruitment literature.
Brewsters will keep records of applications and interviews which will be monitored and analysed to ensure that every measure has been taken to ensure equality of opportunity.
Brewsters will ensure that all staff involved in interviewing and selection of staff will be conversant with its Equal Opportunities Policy.
Staff Training and Development
Brewsters will ensure that all staff are given an equal opportunity to progress within the organisation, regardless of their gender, race, disability or any other grouping.
All staff will be encouraged to take full advantage of training in order to maximise their potential.
Brewsters will ensure that selection of staff for training and development is examined to ensure that discrimination on grounds of gender, race, disability or other grouping does not take place.
Terms and Conditions
Brewsters will ensure that no employee, will receive less favourable terms or conditions on the basis of their gender, race, disability or membership of another minority group.
Equal Opportunities Awareness
Brewsters will ensure that all staff receive appropriate training and guidance in equal opportunities issues to enable them to carry out their duties in line with Brewster’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Exit interviews will be conducted when staff leave to ensure that discrimination has not been a factor in their decision to leave.
Review of Equal Opportunities Policy
Brewster’s Equal Opportunities Policy will be reviewed and updated as necessary, and at least annually for inclusion in the Business Plan.
Any employee who feels that they have been adversely treated due to their gender, race, disability or any other grouping should make use of Brewster’s grievance procedure.